Saturday, November 27, 2010

Money Talking


my bloody working area..

 
Making Money VS Mencari Uang (Looking for Money)

In Indonesian culture, when we talk about the way we earn money, we say it as mencari uang or looking for money while in some other countries it is said as making money.

So, with this expression comes my wistful thinking; “what happen to people who fail to find the money? Will they drawn to desperation or they keep on pursuing their passion to succeed?”

In some other countries, as people work to make money, I perceive that their efforts and performances in their work will be based on the passion of achieving the money as much as they want. There will be no disappointment if they can not make money as they will reflect on the effort that they do.  

Meanwhile, in Indonesia, as people work to find money *which is assumed that the money is already own by them*, thus, they will work as they like. And somehow, they will feel bad when they can not get the money *again, it is based on the consideration that it is their money that they looking for.

Such concept is entirely misleading.

Me myself used to state that I work to look for money, well, this actually is not a big problem. But when I say it many times, it just like a mantra that somewhat give influence to my working attitude. I work as if I already own the reward that I will get and for that reason, I don’t take my job seriously. 

So, this is what I learned; I will stop to think that I work to look for money, but instead, I will work to make money. And most importantly, I’ll work on things that I passionate about.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative