Monday, November 22, 2010

A Letter to Ben

Yes, Mr! I'm talking to YOU!!



Mode: Self-Contemplating
Theme: Death Cab for Cutie-You Remind Me of Home

Dear Mr. Gibbard,

There’s something about this song. 

The lyric is sarcastic!!

In some way, the lyrics picture my life so honestly and clearly. I’m shocked with what I heard when I first listened to this song. *Ugh! I hate Ben Gibbard and his talent to crack people’s darkest side. 

So, this is my defense over that lyric you made so geniusly: life is hard, dude!

And somehow, this hardship makes me believe that I am nothing. 

I’m just sitting and waiting for the big things to happen in my life without I’m willing to struggle on it. Yeah, I know.. It’s just impossible.

But there are times in our life that we’re more attuned to the ways we aren’t qualified than to the ways that we are. We need someone to validate our quality, and this is actually the loss of human beings as social animal. We can not live alone without others’ recognition. You see how today’s technology advancement turn us to be? With the massive invention on social network people think that they get more connected with others but in fact they just set the barrier wider than ever.

OK, here’s the thing..

I’ve decided to stop waiting for others to discover my potential. Couple days ago I step my toe on the pool of adventure in looking for a new job, and the tiny prospect of getting that job alone is already chilled me up. However, I’d be still positive. Just like my mom always said; if you want something, you have to be persistent in pursuing it.

And this is what I’m doing now. I’m taking my move. I’ll take any risks offered ahead. I’ll be an arrogant idiot and get a thick skin as you know when we take the risk; it’s not always a standing ovation that we get. The chance of people throwing tomatoes will also be there.

So, Mr. Gibbard, listen this carefully; I WILL WASTE MY TIME NO MORE!! I've made my pact, and continue to make things on my list to happen *cross ur finger on me guys YY

Yours truly,
Ida Nurcahyani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative