Sunday, April 8, 2012

MY REVIEW: Midnight in Paris

Midnight in Paris.



Sigh..

Yeah, this was my first response after seeing this movie. It was such a sweet movie. It was just the way I want it to be on the fantasy movie about my literary idol.

Ugh, common, it's not only Gil Pender who dreamed to meet F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, T.S. Eliot, and even Pablo Picasso, or Salvador Dali.

Me too have always been dreaming to be transported to Paris in the 1920s, an era I wish I were now living on.

Well, to me, living in Paris in the era of 20s is not my only dream.

I used to dream I can be transported to the magical world of Harry Potter and be his third adventorous friends *seems like Hermione need other girl support, hehe..*

Ok, or, far before that, I also used to dream I could live among those neat houses in Doraemon story setting. Having that tech savvy slash fantasy cat robot and could get anything I wish for.

My other dream is that.. I could be among The Beatles boys in the era of 60s, where Ringo Starr was still looked like this:
instead of this:
Ok, the point is..

This movie is awessooomeeeee!!
*check out how many 'o' and 'e' i put on it :D*

I don't know.. but I felt some kind of emotional connections with, Gil Pender, the fictional character in the movie.

I meant, watching the movie, I can project myself as Gil. Just like Gil, I love 20s era, especially in Europe. I love the music, the buildings, the literature, and how people dressed in that year.

Watching Gil felt like I was looking through a mirror. Just like me, Gil has always been confused!

Almost like me, Gil is struggling to finish his first novel, and me.. I've been always wanting to start my second, hehe..

Like me, Gil loves antique shop and walking in the rain. He likes nostalgia.. and me too.

    "Nostalgia is denial - denial of the painful present... the name for this denial is golden age thinking - the erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one ones living in - its a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present."

Whatever, called it denial, but I love to cherrish the old memories, that is maybe one of thousands reasons why I write this blog :D

Because of this character of mine, a long time ago when I was kid *and up to now* my elder sist called me the HOBO PRINCESS, because I keep on collecting tokens from activities which I considered priceless such as movie theater tickets, ribbons from presents wrap, paper bill from shoppings and many more things that make my sist got on her nerves, LOL



And another thing Gil and I like to do is..

Getting soaked wet while walking in the rain..

But, meh! in Jakarta, you can not do that unless you want to get rusted by the acid rain. One day, I HAVE TO DO THIS!!

..really like to watch this movie again and again..


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative