Wednesday, April 11, 2012

hello goodbye!

Hi..

So, finally, here I am, in the land of "tin and white pepper" (as one of my friends referred to).. Actually, I would like to post this story as soon as possible but the provider*) for my internet connection did not make it possible for me to post this story as a flash news, ok.. so..

Bangka Island..

It's not as terrified as I've ever imagined. It's just.. another small town with pleasant people and hot weather.

Here goes my story..

That was the last nite of my stay in Jakarta. In that small room 2 by 3 squares. It was stuffed and fulled but by happiness and toghetherness I felt with my best friends slash brothers and sisters.

At that nite, Mona and me just lay on bed quitely. As usual, we just sit there side by side being bussied with our own mobile phone chatting with other people on those small screens tech savvy devices.

Though, I felt that nite..
Even we both just be quite, our soul talked to each other. We made silent conversation which is understood by heart of only Mona and me.

We have been being friend in a very short moment, but I felt very attached to this orange girl a lot.

That nite, was quite same as the day we first went out to cover news together during our susdape. We did not talk much to each other.

But, that day, we were quite because we did not know what to do. We barely known each other, and me.. I was still guessing about what was on that girl's mind. She was being so immersed and dreamy..

While that nite. I felt a bliss.
I gave up to my faith *in a good sense!* I surrender not to retreat but to fight back with maximum power I have in me.

And so.. sudenly, Mona rushed out the room downstairs

"Azi's here!" she shouted half running through the stairs.

And I was like.. "What?? At 11? What's in her mind???"

Then.. she showed up, in front of my door. Azi!

"Surprised!!" She said with grin. A box of dunkin donuts and a present wrapped in glossy pink paper were on her arms.

Citro, my other friend stood up behind her.
His eyes were red and he smelled like nite wind.

I was speechless, Mona shrugged her shoulders.

"What are you guys doing?" I said.

So I let them in.

They jumped to my bed..

I opened my present then I closed it again. Azi said I should open once I am in Bangka.

So, we ate the donuts and share our stories.

******************************************************************

Nite went late.

Azi and Citro disappeared. Mona said good nite. Adit was still at office as he was on duty that nite.

Then.. morning came too soon. My friends and families woke me up. They called me in turn to remind me I had a flight today.

So, I slugishly went to shower. Cold water freshed me up.
Mona already woke up, I passed her room, she bussied on herlaptop, I let her be.

I back to my room and get ready for the last time. And so Mona called me from her room and I joined her. It was about 8, she still bussy writing, and I snuggled beside her reading Hunger Games novel then i fell asleep.

Long story short..

Adit went up Mona's room brought me a brown paper bag.

"For you," he said playfully. "So that you can be a master," he said when I pulled out a box of poker card.

And again, I was speechless. One by one, my friends keep on surprising me with their love.

So, we went down. Adit dragged my huge lugage. Mona carried my bag. And again, how I really wanted to hug those two lovely people.

*******************************************************************

In a taxi is the longest an hour and a half journey we had. The traffic was stressing and the three of us were starving to death. We didn't have anything to eat since last nite, not even a drop of water.

*******************************************************************

And there were we.. at the terminal gate.
Mona took off her favorite scarf and hanged that green tribal printed scarfon my shuddering neck.

"Mona?" I asked unbelievably. I meant, it's not like that I don't think Mona is generous lady, but.. I know she really loves that scarf, she wears that almost every single day. I know. She loves that scarf a lot.

"For a good luck," she said charmingly.

Then we hugged and she cried. Her wide eyes filled with tears.
And so Adit too hugged me.

"I need a proper hug," he said smiling.

"Ugh! Of course we are all need a proper hug," I said in my heart.

Then we hugged and took some pictures.
My two besties.. Miss them so much right now.

Proper hug.

My mind wasn;t there when adit took this pict. That's why it looked weird.

I kept on looking at them while stepping into the entering airport gate. If only I could turn back time, I would love to be their friends forever.

*******************************************************************

And so the plane is landed.

The cabin is so fulled. Seems like people never grab what society called "neat" and "discipline".

But finally I could escape that chaos.

I walked into the lugages counter. Took my stuff and strolled out of the airport.

There.. My boss was waiting.

"Hi Ida," he said smiling, his hands are harsh when shaking mine. His face was stern and dark but his eyes shines so brightly and warm. I know he is a good man.

He dropped me in a small hotel.
The room was creepy, smelly and uncomfortable..
I was a little bit worried but then he called me on phone after leaving.

"Ida, you change your room, ask the recepsionist." He said, and so I did.

Here are my impression about the city for the first time:

1.
2.
3.
4.


Ok, I'm too tired now, i'll put picts and the list later on










*)about that terrible provider, I would like to write about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative