Thursday, July 14, 2011

11 MINUTES


Recently, I read another book of Paulo Cuelho: 11 Minutes.
To me, this book is just OK. It's not as good as the previous book I read from Cuelho; The Alchemist.
Maybe it's because of the language. I read this book in Bahasa Indonesia, so I don't get the soul of the wisdom because the for some books, when it is adapted into other language, something is missing.
That's why, it takes me more than 2 months to finish it.
However, still, there are many memorable quotes I remember from this book;

"The great aim of every human being is to understand the meaning of total love. Love is not to be found in someone else, but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person. The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with."
Eleven Minutes
From Maria's Diary.
That quote is just true. Because..

Humans can withstand a week without water, two weeks without food, many years of homelessness, but not loneliness. It is the worst of all tortures, the worst of all sufferings.
Eleven Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative