Friday, December 24, 2010

Talking about music..

My recent tracks:


My top weekly tracks:


My top artist:


You see, now I'm officially The Shins' dead head. Ohh, who are not anyway? They are incredibly awesome. And MEW?? I'm lucky to had a chance to see their show I've even if I had to travel way down to Surabaya with 11-13 hours train trip. It was just worth for it!!

To me, The Shins is more than an inspirational, but their music has given me an exceptional journey to perceive my life better. Well, actually many of the lyrics are unrelated to my life experience but I just love the way they narrate their lyrics. It just gets me so well!! Listening to their music is like reading a good book (^^)

My most favorite of all The Shins' song is "A Call to Apathy", despite of too the blue-is rhythm in this song, I love how James Mercer sing the song.

Here are the beautiful lines I love:

Untie me, I've said no vows
The train is getting way too loud
I gotta leave here my girl
Get on with my lonely life
Just leave the ring on the rail
For the wheels to nullify

Until this turn in my head
I let you stay and you paid no rent
I spent twelve long months on the lam
That's enough sitting on the fence
For the fear of breaking dams

I find a fatal flaw
In the logic of love
And go out of my head
You love a sinking stone
That'll never elope
So get used to the lonesome
Girl, you must atone some
Don't leave me no phone number there

It took me all of the year
To put the poison pill to your ear
But now I stand on honest ground, on honest ground
You want to fight for this love
But honey you cannot wrestle a dove
So baby it's clear

You want to jump and dance
But you sat on your hands
And lost your only chance
Go back to your hometown
Get your feet on the ground
And stop floating around

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative