Sunday, May 20, 2012

Piece of Carbs slashed Craps!

Throw me one more holiday and I'll be out of my mind!!

Yeah, normally, I'd die for holidays at the beginning of weekends, but now.. literally, I'm dying of it.

There's nothing i can do or no one i can count on.

sigh..

So, day one.. on Thursday, I was lil bit relax because I worked like a dog since Sunday.

On Friday.. I cleaned the room and wash my hair and cooked which is by the way taste like sh*t. Really, I intended to make an omelet and noodle pizza which recipe I learned from my landlady, but still.. I could not make it as yummy as she did.

On Saturday we go to Bangka Tengah to cover a traditional game called.. Pangkak Igik Karet or in English it is called crack the rubber nuts.

Yeah, it was as awful as it name.

No offense but.. the traditional culture here is all craps! Nothing is made sense to me. So, the game goes with two people sit in front of each other and they each brings four rubber nuts which in turn will they crack against its opponent nut.
pangkak igik karet game

Yeah, nutty! Bcz, the player are all grown up men, sitting on their lap on that dusty sands with bare feet and hands full of rubber nuts.

The Melayu dangdut music so loud played on the sound system while the commentator acting as if that was the coolest game've ever invented in the universe. For a god sake, it's just rubber nuts!

And when I asked the head of the village about the philosophy or the story, to say the least, behind that game, he said.. NOTHING!

Yeah! that's what I've got after a half an hour riding motor cycle all way down to that village

*I'm on the back cz I cant ride here*

It's not like I want to see the fireworks or fanfare or what welcoming me .. but at least, I want to see a lil bit CULTURE there in those people.. Be it they wore nice traditional clothes or there was a traditional ceremony or dance or anything gave cultural sign.

But no, there's only a tent and bunch of plastic green chairs and players sitting on ground lining up ready to play without ceremonial or what, Just that, hit and run.

And I wonder how the vice governor can be ok with that.

OMG!!

But the good part is.. at that day, my friend took me to the beach. Very beautiful. Beautiful people, beautiful food and drink and I was happy for awhile. Playing on the beach, drinking coconut ice nibbling on my roasted spicy corn and took some picts.
small island in the middle of the sea

vanilla twilight at Pasir Padi beach

This is the spicy corn

the wind blew quite hard during the day

fresh coconut water only Rp10K

But that is not last long because on Sunday I was back on becoming miserable.

I watched like 10 movies in a row. And sang like crazy on my winamp. I sang Jaded by Aerosmith all out. And Hands in My Pocket by Alanis Morissette with perfect emotion. Not to mention those James Blunt's, Morrissey's, Radiohead's, even N*Sync's and Boyzone's. LOL
And I ended up crying as usual..

I wanna go home.

Some say, to be home, I should not put my work here seriously, but just the opposite, I work like crazy here.. In a day I could write 11 writing maximum and 3 to the least. It is somethin I've never done before in Jakarta.

I don't know why am I like this?

I think, working is my escape now. It distracts me from loneliness. But I know this is bad because people will see that I do good here. OMG.. help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative