Sunday, September 4, 2011

SKEPTICAL IS NEEDED, INTO WHAT EXTENT?!

Tomorrow is going to be my first day to enter the real editorial world. My feeling now? Err.. I don't feel anything, honestly.

Well, the editorial desk is such a big mystery for me, even it's like a wonderland to me. It is a place where all of the existence are needed to be questioned, me, is no exception.

For all these times, to be a journalist (hoping to be!), I trained myself to be skeptical, but in a professional way. Because, we need to admit, there are some skeptics that turn to be so annoying. They seem to be always get around you and bug you with endless questions. Really hate that.

Okay, so about this professional skepticism, I do believe that people lie to us all the time. Even those who are so called the honesest of the honest.

Why?

Why do people lie? Because, lie is necessity. It is one of human's natural weapon to be able to survive.

However, lying is bad, or so we are told again and again since we were kids.

People need to lie to escape from being hurt. Really? Yeah, truths awfully hurt and no one would wish to deal with that.

To be hurt means you'll not manage to survive, thus, people lie. Because human naturally can not stand huredt.

But, are you sure that lie can save us from misery? I don't think so. As once we lie, we will not be able to stop it. It will gets piled up and up until it takes over everything.

Keep on hiding truths so you will full of secrets and you feel like you’re going to burst out.

So, back to my skepticism training, all of those facts mentioned above just point out what I intend to say. People are not innocent. They all have motives. And my duty as a journalist (to be) is to reveal those icebergs.

But, to what extent we need to be skeptical, the answer is as far as we get what we want to hear. Again, truths are made. We believe what we want to believe. After all, how do we measure truth?


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative