Monday, September 5, 2011

New comer: Day One!

Life is full of surprises, be it good surprise or bad surprise, eventually every living human being will stumble upon those surprises.

To me, one of the most memorable surprises in my life happened yesterday. Yeah, yesterday was the big day of my life. One of those days I need to celebrate because that was the day I join the editorial for the first time. More importantly, that was the first day I join the real team work of my life office.

Well, to my surprise, I got assigned to join the tv department. OMG!! Yes, it was tv! One of departments in journalism that I really try to avoid!!

I suddenly felt spineless once I read tge sched papers in my hand. Well, it's not like I was helpless or what, it's just, the image of tv departments created by my friends and me for the whole of our susdape time is enough to ruin my day. In my head, the pictures of me being bullied and bored in that cramped room are flashing around.

But again, I need to stand up tall on my own feet. So, I walked to that damned room. A girl called Dita, a reporter, greeted me. I said I need to meet the manager but unfortunately the manager was in a meeting. I felt relieved yet anxious. Relieved because I thought I could postpone my laborious training time, anxious because I got worried for what I would become if I never met this manager.

So, I decided to go upstairs joining my friends who are in text editorial department. But then I realized, I should come downstairs and wait rather than roaming around uselessly.

So I went downstairs and wait for the manager patiently while I introduced myself to other staff.

Oh, that was the nighmare!!!

They just played me around. They thought it was funny to play the new comer, their jokes are cheesy but I still had to smile from ear to ear to appreciate.. Whatever! But at least, it could be a good ice breaker. Thanks for all of you guys!!!

And today.. Is going to be another challenge for me. I need to attend at 8.30 while all of my friends at 10. So, I need to be super independet.

Ya Allah, tolong saya... Mudahkanlah semua urusanku hari ini. Ameeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative