Sunday, February 20, 2011

Living in Bandung Today..

It is a fact about Bandung: Bandung is super crowded. People are everywhere and so does with the houses. Yeah, I know, this kind of situation just happens to almost every big city in every corner of the world. Big cities have allures that people can't deny and it is therefore people from everywhere are coming and make full the cities. Me and my family also the new comer in Bandung, that's why I know so well about this opinion :P But pleassseee, can people just stop coming and coming? 

The worst part about this kind of urbanization is that the native or local people that don't have strong economical background will be marginalized in terms of the area to live. Based on my own experience and facts that I witness, many people who are originally reside in Bandung have to move to other secluded area in order to be able to continue living. They will sell their houses and lands and buy another that is cheaper. Yes, most people do that in Bandung. And that is very sadden.

Bandung is already overloaded. If you need anymore proof, just check these picts out:


Look at this crowded and hectic houses, it will be very difficult to do the evacuation if something bad happens such as fire.

Houses are not supposed to be built near river banks like this due to the safety and environmental preservation reasons, but in Bandung, things like this is COMMON!
My lovely but sad Bandung..
I really wish the government will do something about this. All they need is only to CARE!! Once they care about others, next they will have the empathy and try to make everything better. That's why, in my opinion, people who are in charge is supposed to be elected from the minority sides that is well aware with the difficulties of living life, SIGHHHH... well, I'm just a chatterbox. I don't know what I'm talking about. But there's one thing that I am SURE I KNOW is that I CARE!! I Love Bandung. That's why I want people to notice about this issue.

2 comments:

  1. hey Ida... Folbek my blog yahhh :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I did, cool blog it is by the way, dude :p

    *even I don't know any single words u wrote there, wkwkkwkw...

    ReplyDelete

If you have any ideas about the post above, please leave comment^^ I'd be very appreciative